DAP lodges 2nd police report on Beng Hock’s death

7 September 2014

DAP lodged a police report in Puchong today as part of its nationwide move to pressure the authorities to find the culprit responsible for Teoh Beng Hock’s death following a Court of Appeal verdict on Friday.

The Court of Appeal set aside the open verdict by a coroner on Beng Hock’s death five years ago, ruling that “a person or persons were responsible for his death”.

Kinrara assemblyman Ng Sze Han said someone should be responsible for the political aide’s death as stated in the verdict by the Court of Appeal and that action should be taken against the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission officers involved in Teoh’s case in 2009.

“They should be suspended from duty immediately as they are not fit to work,” said Ng after lodging a report at the Serdang police headquarters in Puchong today.
“After five years of fight, the family finally see some hope. We applaud the court decision.”

He said this was the second police report lodged by DAP. The first was in Ipoh yesterday. More reports are expected to be lodged nationwide by DAP to put pressure against the investigators.

Ng was accompanied by Puchong MP Gobind Singh Deo and other DAP members.

On July 16, 2009, Teoh was found dead on the fifth floor landing of the Selangor MACC building. The 30-year old had been due to register his marriage to his pregnant fiancée on the same day.

Teoh was called to the MACC offices in Shah Alam, Selangor, about 6pm on July 15. The Selangor MACC’s offices were then on the 14th floor of Plaza Masalam.

He had gone there to give a statement in the agency’s probe into corruption allegations against his boss, Selangor exco Ean Yong Hian Wah.

Ng said the report lodged today stressed that investigation by police should be centred on two points mentioned by the Court of Appeal judges that indicated Teoh’s death from a fall was accelerated by an unlawful act or acts of persons unknown, inclusive of MACC officers involved in the arrest and the investigation of the deceased and also investigation to be carried under charges deemed fit by police.

Judge Datuk Mohamad Arif Md Yusof, who was among three judges on the bench in the Court of Appeal on Friday, said police should also probe into the suicide note allegedly left by Teoh in his bag when investigators reopen the case.

  1. #1 by good coolie on Sunday, 7 September 2014 - 8:17 pm

    Remember, if there is no serious attempt to find the culprit, we could be paving the way for violation of human rights on a grander scale. Then, we would be no different from the “Banana Republic” of yore.

  2. #2 by Bigjoe on Monday, 8 September 2014 - 8:08 am

    What does it say about us as Malaysian when the institutional injustice against TBH and his family does not incense us. In Ferguson, Missouri, the verdict of the judges would have burned the city.

    What it does say is that our leaders, our institutions are SPOILT rotten. There are still some redemption but pretty much too much of our institutions are unrespectable, pathetic by world standards.

    But it also means that we Malaysian have allowed it, still does allow it. We not only tolerate disrespectability, abuse and irresponsibility, of those in power, those in position of responsibility. It is because WE OURSELVES are disrespectable, we ourselves are ashamed of who we truly are, WE give up on ourselves.

  3. #3 by boh-liao on Monday, 8 September 2014 - 3:23 pm

    Incidence oredi happened too long ago lar
    Evidence oredi all tempered with or lost/misplaced
    Case CLOSED, QED
    Just let rakyat lupa lor, after all M’sians mudah lupa 1

You must be logged in to post a comment.