No DAP CEC mandate for PAS Menteri Besar in Perak

The decision to appoint a PAS Assemblyman Mohamad Nizar Jamaludin as Perak Mentri Besar has caused shock and consternation to DAP leaders, members and supporters.

The DAP Central Executive Committee, at its emergency meeting in Penang on Sunday, 9th March 2008, had given approval for the formation of a Perak coalition government comprising 18 DAP Assembly members, seven PKR Assemblymen and six PAS Assemblymen.

As the appointment of PAS Assemblyman for Pasir Panjang Mohamad Nizar Jamaludin as Perak Mentri Besar representing the third and smallest political party in the proposed coalition has not received the mandate of the CEC, DAP Perak Assemblymen will stay away from the swearing-in ceremony for Perak Mentri Besar scheduled tomorrow.

Print Friendly

1. #1 by Godfather on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 8:28 am

Kit:

I am very disappointed with this posting of yours.

Your representative, together with the reps of PKR and PAS have gone to see the Sultan, presented him with a nominee from each party, and told the Sultan to choose a Menteri Besar from the 3 nominees. Further, all three reps told the Sultan that they would abide by his decision, and that all three parties have agreed to support that decision. Now that the Sultan has chosen the PAS rep as the MB, you come out into the open and say that there is no DAP CEC sanction and that therefore the DAP reps would not be attending the swearing-in ceremony. What is your motive to write this posting ? Are you retracting the commitment given to the Sultan ? Are you not offending the Sultan by not attending the swearing-in ceremony ?

Not having the CEC sanction is merely a technicality. In the corporate world, we have teleconferences and circular resolutions that can regularise matters in hours, if not minutes. You guys can do the same, yet you choose to come out publicly to air this “dirty” linen.

What are you trying to prove ? That you have changed your mind ? That you cannot really work with PAS ? That those who have voted for the Opposition should regret doing so ? That you really want to warn PAS and PKR that you are no pushovers ?

I suggest you get rid of the Opposition mentality and start behaving responsibly like a true leader of a ruling regime.

2. #2 by max2811 on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 8:41 am

Kit, don’t blame the Sultan. Just bcos of Mr. Ngeh not discussing the issue with you and the CEC, he has caused havoc. He is inexperienced in negotiations and bargaining. But the rice is already cooked.Just eat it.

DAP/PKR/PAS is now the coalition Gov, not Opposition. How can DAP boycott its own Gov? DAP has one term to make things right. It has 7 excos, why worry?

The BN media is having a field day. The useless and corrupted OKC is talking shit from Tg Malim. Change things at a slower pace. Don’t be rash! Order your men into the field! Attend the swearing -in ceremony.

3. #3 by Haris on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 8:43 am

I read in the paper that the DAP ADUNs went against the party line and went to the swearing in ceremony anyway. This is a brave move and I applaud it. Although the Star seemed to spin it as a crisis I choose to see the assemblymen as putting the interests of the people of Perak first ahead of party loyalties, and having a working government in Perak should be paramount on the list of priorities. I believe the actions of the DAP high command (whatever it is called) in issuing the boycott is stupid and serves only BN’s interests. Also, I hope that the assemblymen who went ahead and attended the ceremony will NOT face any disciplinary action by the party, as I feel they are doing what they think is right for the people. Lets not follow BN’s example here.

4. #4 by alancheah on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 8:51 am

Morning DAP Leaders, here I am again.

I hope that you all will attend the swearing-in ceremony.

5. #5 by alancheah on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:01 am

DAP leaders, why don’t you all update anything now?
    We all really are eager to see what final decision that
    you all will make.

6. #6 by DAP Forever on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:04 am

It is easy to comment but let us all put ourselves in uncle lim’s shoe. I fervently think that he has his own reason for doing it and whatever he did , its for the people’s sake!
    So , people out there, things had happened….STOP behaving like a hero and if you think you can do better than uncle lim ,then you go ahead and prove yourself!

7. #7 by alancheah on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:13 am

js Says:

Today at 08: 05.34 (59 minutes ago)
    Good News!Heard that DAP will be attending the swearing in ceremony today.

=====================================

Is the above a confirmed news? I truely hope so.
    Alan Cheah.

8. #8 by cg on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:16 am

Honestly, Uncle Kit, I have never been more disappointed before. How could you publicly voice your objection about the decision of the MB’s candidate? Shouldn’t it be discussed among the coalition and make a collective decision? It might easily create turmoil within the newly formed coalition and spoil the new cooperation among the 3 parties. As a Chinese, I do think that we should accept and respect the decision made by the Regent as what DAP reps had mentioned before, since 3 names were submitted and the MB was chosen among these 3.

I found Nizar’s response are much more amirable and respectable:
    When contacted for an immediate reaction, Nizar said: “We believe that as a coalition government, all decisions will be collective.”
    “We would not respond to comments being made outside the new coalition government,” he added.

Uncle Kit, I seriously do not hope your action would not caused any negative impacts towards all DAP representatives. I seriously hope that you would not make all supporters who had voted DAP last Saturday regretting that they have done so. Please give us, all the rakyat a acceptable answer towards this issue to prevent this being used by BN towards Barisan Rakyat.

With deep concern, I urge that you do not disappoint the Rakyat who had resulted in DAP’s grand victories and starting up a dispute before anything even started to be done for the people.

I applaud the DAP ADUNS for daring to do what is right!

9. #9 by same chong on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:25 am

We all like to see a comfortable and forward looking alliance in Perak. I believe in Sultan Perak as well as you uncle Lim can cause it to happen. Please consider ‘Da chik wei chong’.

10. #10 by malaysia4all on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:46 am

in monday morning, press had got the next perak MB right, reading the report, i was confused why not PKR if only Malay allowed, however Nizar profile looks acceptable and PAS seems co-operative, i felt assured.

then 3 parties decided to let sultan choose, i think it was fair since DAP, PKR and PAS made up the simple majority. sultan’s decision was unexpected to some, but deputy MB is a remedy, i’d say the outcome is good though not best.

i’m confused seeing LKS made such a disappointing statement, wondering if this is from his heart or something going on. but the statement has caused the damage and remedy is hard. i hope other leaders in DAP and PKR will ignore LKS’s call, support and assure new perak government for all. when the new government gains ppl support, LKS should change his tone.

11. #11 by orangbiasa on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:48 am

“DAP is prepared to accept DAP chairman and Assemblyman for Sitiawan Ngeh Koo Ham or PKR Behrang Assemblyman Jamaluddin Mohd Radzi as Perak Mentri Besar.”
    Please be very clear that DAP is NOT racies !!! DAP only want to have a fair selection.

The conversation with the Sultan by the 3 candidates might be able to give us the clue why the least popular party was selected. DAP leaders are aware of the conversation, I fully believe that there is something unfair behind.

In certain cases compromise is good, and on the other hand compromises will lead the coalition become BN number 2. We want change, we want a fair society, we respect constituion, we want to have PKR who is supported by the DAP to be the MB !!! we do not want BN number 2!!!!

12. #12 by amn on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:56 am

DAP is still in its old anti-Islam mode whereas PAS has progressed and even fielded an Indian Hindu in Tiram, Johore. I would never vote for DAP.

13. #13 by anak bangsa msia on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 9:58 am

Saudara Lim,

You have patiently and doggedly struggle for close to 40 years so that we (the post 69 generation) have the opportunity to effect the change we saw last Saturday. I don’t believe even Mr Lee Kuan Yew and Mr Devan Nair would have the sheer perseverance to do so. The school history books may not say it but when history is written about Malaysia’s first 100 years, your place stands right at the top.

Now having achieve the beach head needed to get rid of the communalist and racist paradigm of colonial politics than the BN perpetuated, let’s continue to fix our eyes on the goal – that is the eradication of BN politics and the creation of a true bangsa malaysia who is at ease with itself and its fellow citizens regardless of creed, race and colour. Otherwise, we are showing we do not have good judgement.

Whatever the reservations of DAP CEC about a PAS lead government in Perak, please remember that on 8 Mar 2008, over 50% of peninsular Malaysians voted based on ideals (of equality, justice and good governance) instead of the sound of names and race. I voted PKR and PAS because I don’t want BN anymore. Malays and Indians voted DAP because they don’t want BN anymore.

So why does it matter than the smallest party in Perak holds the MB post if the parties agree to submit 3 names to his Highness and his Highness choose the PAS wakil rakyat. After all, you, Anwar and Hadi Awang have reiterated time and again that these “Barisan Rakyat” adminstrations (I don’t want to call you guys the opposition anymore – let the BN be opposition) will be carried out based on collective decisions. Saudara Nizar is merely primus inter pares or first amongst equals in Perak – the State Exco is multi-racial and dominated by DAP. Do you and your CEC members not realise that if DAP (despite being the biggest party) can endorse a PAS wakil rakyat, what that says about the maturity, magnanimity, self confidence and high moral fibre of the DAP? Why make your CEC sound so small minded and petty?

So please I beg and implore you to revoke the CEC protest and let’s continue to heal the fissures that BN has created and maintained all these years. Let’s show BN that Barisan Rakyat is bigger than them, we can compromise and work together, for the higher interest of the rakyat and of the country.

14. #14 by cg on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 10:02 am

Correction on some typo in my previous comment, correct one should be:
    “Uncle Kit, I seriously do not hope your action would caused any negative impacts towards all DAP representatives.”

I do hope that DAP would make consent as a whole to support the newly joint coalition which bring hopes and “change” which was promised to the people before the election.

We, the people do not want to see any inside fighting and disagreement which would make the people to loose confident.

15. #15 by anakwatan on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 10:04 am

Saya kira Mr. LKS seorang yg jujur dan mengota apa yg dijanjikan…tetapi itulah sebaliknya. Setelah rakyat memberi memberi mandat ukt pasukan BA memerintah, rupanya ada pemimpin yg cuba merosakkannya persahabatan dlm perikatan. LKS telah menghancurkan harapan rakyat. LKS telah menanamkan bibit-bibit kebencian pengundi. Apakah LKS sedar kedudukan yang ada adalah dpd rakyat. Kenapa mesti ada ketidakpuasan setelah awalnya dipersetujui? Kenapa raja yang dijunjung selama ini dinafikan keputusannya. Bukankah semua telah setuju diawalnya? Apakah LKS mahu pengundi melebelkannya sebagai PEMBELOT. Ingatlah pesan in:
    “Orang berbudi….kita berbahasa, Rakyat dah bagi undi….Jgnlah LKS jadi Gila Kuasa”
    “Terlajak perahu…boleh diundur, Tetapi terlajak kata….kami akan binasakan”

++++ MAKKAL SAKHTY ++++

16. #16 by amn on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 10:17 am

Correction to my earlier posting : LKS and not DAP is anti-Islam. I just read in Malaysia Today that Perak DAP will defy LKS and attend the MB swearing-in-ceremony after all. I hope the DAP members will vote out LKS and his stooges then install a more vibrant and progressive leaders in DAP. LKS has served beyond expiry date.

17. #17 by tpkoh on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 10:36 am

This is time when the 3 parties have to help us voters trust that the 3 parties can work together! If you disagree to have PAS nominee be nominated as MB, then should have protest before the names/nominees are given to the Sultan. Now this????? Please give us voter faith to trust that we have made the right decision last Saturday, and not feel sorry for voting you all PLEASE, look at us, the people, what is our needs, and not the party/DAP. I believe it is not an easy job to form a working coalition to work together. But again, this is a crucial time to show us voters that you all can be trusted.

18. #18 by stevelow on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 10:47 am

?????PAS?Nizar???????????????PAS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

19. #19 by kun9999 on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 11:02 am

Dear Uncle Kit,

Even if PAS be the MB, but I am sure PAS will not implement anything will hurt chinese / indian interest as we have 2 deputy to work things out.

I hope that we can put Malaysian interest as priority. Please dont cause Malaysian to suffer just because who get to be MB.

20. #20 by 3pooiwan on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 11:25 am

Dear LKS…

i woild say u never dream about this election DAP can get this much support from malaysian citizen (be it malay, chinese, india and others) and mostly is because we are sick of the previous goverment.

Please show malaysian that this new goverment can do a better job then previous goverment.

Please work together make us proud that we make the right choice.

Please don’t fight among yourself over MB post, just respect the Sultan choice, i beleived the former Cheif Justice should have a good reason why His highest choose Nizar

because u just need 2 katak to jump over then all of you can become the opposition AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Please put Malaysian interest above the party interest,

21. #21 by craxter on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 11:51 am

If you’re wondering why they never seem to stop fighting in the middle east then look no further than at our own BA coalition fiasco right now. They have fought too long and too hard that they don’t know when to stop, all sense of compromise seems lost along the way. I am a Malay who voted for DAP just as any Chinese and Indian who voted for Pas, so the situation is bigger than DAP or 1 party alone. Please remember, “change” is the main agenda, not DAP or Pas or PKR. We voted for the coalition because without one another you wouldn’t have had any of this miracle happening, so please don’t turn it into a nightmare. There has to be a good reason for the appointment of a Pas MB and one of it is probably because no other party has managed to govern a State before let alone for 18 years of unbeaten run. Pas in Kelantan have managed to survive discrimination and BN pressure for so long, there is a thing or two that can be learnt from Pas which makes him one of the more qualified candidates, and I’m sure with his professional qualifications his appointment makes sense to the Sultan as a learned individual himself. And for those asking where is Anwar and Nik Aziz in this situation and why we haven’t heard from them till now, give them time, do you make a lot of noise when you are fixing things? That’s right, I didn’t think so either. With our collective effort we have managed to ultimately silence BN but look at the front page of Utusan today, we’ve given them their voice back instantaneously, congratulations.

22. #22 by highhand on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 11:59 am

just go

drink teh tarik

eat roti canai

then bye bye lah

23. #23 by Crystal on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 1:15 pm

I have never posted any comment anywhere before but felt compelled to say something on this…

I studied in Perak for 4 good years. I met many Perak people who told me how lucky they are to have a Sultan who is open, wise and has the welfare of the Rakyat regarless of race at heart and I agree with them based on my observation of the way members of the royal family carry themseleves and the speeches made by them. So, I have faith in that the Sultan has considered all angles and had chosen the one he believes will bring the most to the Rakyat of Perak and I think most Perak people too.

Anyway, it was already agreed upon to abide by the Sultan’s choice. This statement only show that what we called in Cantonese – “no mouth teeth”.

I think many will forget this episode if you just say that you were too happy for your son that you missed all the headlines in the newspaper. I know how you feel because I am a parent too. :)

24. #24 by craxter on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 1:15 pm

Besides being a good Muslim, these are some of Ir Nizar’s accomplishments as quoted from Harakah:

“Beliau berpengalaman luas dalam menjalankan beberapa projek besar negara. Antaranya Projek Dayabumi fasa 2 & 3 pada tahun 1983, projek Pusat Islam (BAHES, Jabatan Perdana Menteri (1984), projek Wisma Darul Iman, Kuala Terengganu (1985), pengurusan bangunan-bangunan kerajaan dan swasta termasuk KOMTAR, Bangunan Persekutuan Gunasama, pusat membeli belah dan pengurusan semua lif di hospital Kerajaan Negeri Perak, Pulau Pinang, Kedah, Perlis sehingga kini.

Sebelum dilantik menjadi Menteri Besar beliau merupakan Pengarah Urusan di beberapa firma swasta. Di luar negara pula beliau banyak menjalankan beberapa projek di beberapa buah negara, antara di Birmingham, United Kingdom, Zug Switzerland, Miano Italy, Bangkok Thailand, Sdyney dan Goldcoast Australia, Doha Qatar dan Tehran, Iran”

And little do we all know he is well versed in Malay, English, Chinese and Tamil

So please, let’s get behind our newly appointed MB and have a little faith in his bid for change

25. #25 by 3pooiwan on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 2:07 pm

Malaysia for Malaysian……

not malaysia for malay
    nor malaysia for chinese
    nor malaysia for indian

26. #26 by oneforall_allforone on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 3:47 pm

Hi Fellow Malaysians and LKS,

To be honest I am deeply sad, with what is happening in Perak Govt formation. Before the General Election all the sweat things was told by PKR, DAP and PAS saying that we are opposition going to work for Rakyat, but the way I am seeing now, PKR, DAP and PAS are fighting the position and power and not to server the Rakyat. We as Rakyat appointed you because we are sick and exhausted with BN. But looking at current situation now I feel, I better to stay with the BN DEVIL which I knew for 50 years. PKR, DAP and PAS come into power only for 5 states and you are fighting to form the government. I wonder what would happen if you all won the entire nation.??

I would like to stress to all the reader here some of you; you might think I am supporting BN. I am not!!!!! I do not support BN at all. I HATE THEM!!!!!! But I am sad what is happening, why DSAI is keeping quiet now. He is the “Master Mind” for this opposition coalition party. Why DSAI not doing anything to resolve the problem. We the Rakyat if can’t see that PKR, DAP and PAS working as a team, do you think we the Rakyat will vote for PKR, DAP and PAS in the next General Election. I am non Muslim, but I voted for PAS. Why I voted PAS. Think about it… We want a Change not Fight among the opposition team.

Now PKR is threatens to pull out of Perak state gov’t. (http://www.malaysiakini.com.my/news/79751) You all come to power to server the Rakyat or to server your “kroni”. If the opposition true identity is to server Rakyat I strongly believe you all will stop fight for power and think how to server the Rakyat.

We are all Malaysian One for ALL, ALL for One Malaysia

27. #27 by KennyGan on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 3:48 pm

Uncle Lim has apologized and withdrawn his directive to boycott the swearing in ceremony. Kudos, Uncle Lim! Anybody can make a wrong decision but it takes courage and leadership to admit when one is wrong. I apologize if I’ve said any harsh words and may DAP, PAS and PKR work as a cohesive force to eventually oust the corrupt BN regime.

Thank You YB Lim Kit Siang!!

28. #28 by espionage1 on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 4:21 pm

i realise that many comments from last night have been deleted.

how is this a democracy LKS???!!!!

29. #29 by darnielng on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 5:51 pm

DAP. You should get your best people, form an internal think-tank with clear objectives. Then have a closed door discussion with PAS.

PAS should present it’s intension throughly to all citizens in Perak. I am sure we can understand. Don’t be like BN in the past that hides everything under the hood and sweep the dirt under the carpet and always put the wrong person in the wrong places.

30. #30 by hnlow on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 10:15 pm

i am a voter for barisan alternatif, and i casted my vote to DAP too.

immediate after the statement made by Mr Lim senior, i have placed my statement in this blog but unfortunately, it has been censored.

please dont do that, it only makes me think that you are behaving exactly the same as BN, filtering through only information that you think it deems fit for this blog and not others. That is not freedom of voice and transparency!

what we the rakyat wanted to see is that you the opposition coalition can really walk the talk and preach the principles that is really against the wrongdoing of BN and not behave as one like them.

so please allow me to have my own voice in your blog, Yang Berhormat. If you really think that my comments are overly sensitive, then please amend some words and do not simply erase it all as i believe i do share my 2 cent worth for the BA and the rakyat.

Thank you very much!

31. #31 by malaysiabaru2008 on Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 11:17 pm

Dear Uncle Lim and the rest of bloggers here,

Though LKS have withdraw his ealier statement but it will not makes us (pkr & pas) forget the basis of your ealier decision. I’ve read quite substantial numbers of chinese here still feel that DAP is chinese parties. That’s the reason y go against Sultan like the Sultan is just another umno partner! Lucky you guys that umno is too afraid to over re-act on all of this statement. But if i have your details i will personally ensure i will press charges of treason to you for issuing statement offending our Sultan. Frankly my fellow chinese, if you think you can and will change malaysia to become like singapore then seriously be remembered of 13th May. What happened then? We the malays are occay with good governance and respeciting and serving all races needs. Malays comprise of 51% of Perak populations. So who the H…l r u questioning the sultan right and even if Sultan is occay you should consider people at large the majority malays sentiment in Perak and all over malaysia! For thoose who still support LKS ealier decision and decided you now forgo that statement just for immediate needs. It means that you are not sincere. That you will not uphold the constituency and the malays privileage. Even we the PKR n PAS already said that we will not marginalised the chinese n indian and so others as our main ingredient in our manifesto but for u guys this is not enough. U still want DAP to rule as DAP not as coalation government that will uphold the constituency with the Sultan be on top of it. Then please, either go to Singapore or go back to mainland China, hong kong, taiwan but please get out from this beloved Malaysia. We don’t need you here. Same goes to LKS! I used to respect with u and your son. I was there during guan eng release from the prision in Kajang. My tears drop when i saw PAS supporters carry DAP flag and DAP supporter carry PAS flag! I thought you have change! It seems like you want to be like Lee Kuan Yew and turn Malaysia to be like Singapore. Please stop dreaming! remember because of 13th may the english dictionary used and adapt the word “amok” to refer to the specific behaviour that is really wild and that’s only have in deep of all the Malays heart that for the past years the malays learn to let it dumped in the bottom of our heart and we try not to think about it hoping that our new brothers and sisters from other races already take us as the same family! But remember, the words and the spirit is still there! Ask for it, and call for it! it will come and i don’t mind to die to protect the Sultan and i knew most of the malays is the same with me.

LKS if you really sincere, please first issue a lengthy statement to apologize not just one paragrah statement! 2nd Call for emergency meeting for All coalition (PAS,DAP & PKR) to form a joint committee to stream line all press release to reflect the pact opinion. 3rd Issue a guideline to all members (DAP,PAS & PKR) in issuing personal statement that will have an impact to races & religion issues. If you need to bang, bang in the meeting not outside. You may want to get DSAI to lead this initiative. But if this is not happening in the coming month, then you will loose forever the history that you just did. I will personally join gerakan and launch all out attack to make DAP not relevant at all. Because, though i’m malay, i won’t use racial issues to win mileage. So hope you make the right decision. Remember, becarefull of what you wish to!!!

Tq

P/s: to PKR DSAI & PAS, if DAP is not sincere let’s call Pak Lah to pass the PM post to DSAI and nego with other BN component and few credible umno to join us and leave DAP to join the revamp BA government. Though i still hope uncle lim take my advise. Thanks

32. #32 by PASFORALL on Friday, 14 March 2008 - 12:53 am

Salam Sejahtera buat Mr Lim,
    Mohon kemaafan kerana menggunakan bahasa kebangsaan yang mana bahasa in jugak yang Mr Lim gunakan di Parlimen. Pertamanya saya sedikit terkedu berhubung kenyataan bertulis Mr Lim ini. Untuk pengetahuan Mr Lim saya adalah salah seorang ahli biasa Pas yang berdaftar dan pernah bertugas menjaga Puan Zaiton yang bertanding di Selayang pada tahun 1999 atas tiket DAP. Sepanjang masa bertugas saya bukan sahaja menjaga beliau tetapi turut menjaga parti yang diwakilinya dalam pakatan BA. Semasa itu Mr Lim kami jaga umpama menjaga presiden kami sekiranya ada yang berniat jahat kamilah yang akan kehadapan. Jalinan kami dengan petugas dan penyokong DAP amat baik dan kami semua mengharapkan agar jalinan tersebut akan berterusan. Tetapi sayang selepas kekalahan besar DAP dalam pilihanraya 1999 kepimpinan Mr Lim telah bertindak untuk keluar dari gabungan BA dan dengan marah mengatakan PAS adalah puncanya. Kami tetap bersabar dan terus menjelaskan kepada ahli-ahli yang ini hanyalah bersifat sementara kerana bagi kami ini adalah masalah antara kepimpinan atasan dan kami petugas serta penyokong dibawah senantiasa bersangka-baik sehingga sekarang. Tidak terlintas difikiran kami untuk terus memboikot DAP walaupun cemuhan demi cemuhan, tomahan demi tomahan dilemparkan kepada kami oleh pihak Mr Lim bagi kami agenda kita adalah menjatuhkan BN yang selama ini menyusahkan rakyat. Walaupun kadang-kadang cemuhan dan kata-kata pihak Mr Lim menghentam Islam tetapi kami masih bersabar sampaikan saya terpikir sampai bilakah kami perlu bersabar je. Saya secara peribadi menghormati pemimpin-pemimpin DAP dan juga pemimpin BA yang lain. Kesempatan berjumpa di Parlimen saya akan cuba menegur bertanya khabar walaupun sesekali macam dipandang sebelah mata oleh pihak Mr Lim bagi saya, saya masih mengharapkan penyatuan antara kita. Saya kadang-kadang tertanya kenapa pihak Mr Lim marah sangat dengan PAS? Apakah silap kami? Adakah kerana dakwah kami kepada masyarakat Islam satu kesalahan yang merugikan DAP? Ataupun kerana hukum hudud yang PAS war-warkan? Sekiranya hukum hudud dijadikan sebab saya rasa Mr Lim sebagai seorang insan yang bijak dan hebat apabila berhujah diparlimen (walaupun suka menjerit-jerit) gagal sebagai seorang pimpinan dalam menjelaskan isu ini kepada orang-orang Mr Lim. Ini kerana hukum hudud ini hanya dilaksanakan kepada mereka yang beragama Islam itupun sekiranya mereka didapati bersalah sekiranya tidak bersalah mereka tidak perlu takut. Bagi yang bukan beragama Islam agama kami mengkehendaki kami memelihara agama yang bukan Islam dan kami tidak boleh mengkhianati sesiapa pun termasuklah dari kalangan yang bukan beragama Islam. Saya percaya sekiranya pihak Mr Lim dapat menterjemahkan perkara ini ke peringkat akar umbi nescaya salah faham pihak Mr Lim berhubung hukum hudud akan terurai. Sekiranya ada sebab-sebab lain yang membuat kemarahan pihak Mr Lim kepada PAS saya rasa sebagai ahli biasa perkara ini boleh dibincangkan diperingkat atasan secara muhibah termasuklah perkara yang Mr Lim luahkan ini. Sebagai orang yang bijak berpolitik Mr Lim tidak patut meluahkan ketidakpuasanhati secara umum. Pakatan BA walaupun belum rasminya digabungankan mempunyai Majlis-majlis Presiden atau Majlis Tertinggi yang membolehkan Mr Lim meluahkan pendapat Mr Lim. Tidak elok perkara ini diperpanjangkan secara umum dalam situasi kita mencapai kemenangan yang agak besar. Perihal perlantikan MB Perak saya ahli biasa yang belajar setakat SPM ada bertanya kepada sahabat-sahabat yang pernah bekerja di SUK. Memang termaktub dalam enekmen perlembagaan kerajaan negeri hanya bangsa melayu yang beragama Islam sahaja yang boleh memegang jawatan tersebut ataupun atas budibicara Al Sultan. Untuk pengetahuan enekmen ini bukan pihak PAS yang reka. Dalam hal ini Al Sultan telah meminta parti-parti gabungan BA untuk menyakinkan pihak istana berhubung gabungan ini memandangkan DAP mempunyai kerusi yang lebih tetapi Al Sultan perlukan kata kesepakatan dari gabungan BA untuk lantikan jawatan MB ini kerana secara automatik calon dari DAP tidak memenuhi kriteria awal jawatan tersebut. Oleh itu gabungan BA Perak telah bersepakat pada awalnya untuk menghantar nama-nama calon untuk diangkat sebagai MB dan ini merupakan penghormatan kepada Al Sultan memilih calon untuk jawatan MB yang selama ini tidak pernah berlaku semasa era pemerintahan BN Al Sultan sekadar dijadikan cop mohor sahaja. Kepimpinan PAS menghormati DAP yang mempunyai lebih kerusi tetapi atas titah dari Al Sultan yang meminta nama calon-calon MB maka pihak PAS terpaksa akur. Akhirnya atas kuasa Al Sultan telah memilih calon dari PAS sebagai MB. Disini dimanakan silap PAS yang membuat Mr Lim mengeluarkan kenyataan sedemikian kepada umum? Saya memohon janganlah ada perbalahan diantara kita perlu diingat pengundi-pengundi sedia untuk menghukum seperti mana berlaku pada BN. Cukuplah pengalaman suka dan duka yang kita lalui bersama. Bijak berpolitik bukan sahaja pandai bercakap tetapi bijak juga berstategik. Dalam peperangan pihak musuh akan menyerang apabila barisan hadapan lalai, longgar dan bertelagah. Banyak lagi yang saya ingin berkongsi bersama Mr Lim tapi cukuplah setakat ini dulu. Cuma satu sahaja pesanan saya jangan disuatu hari nanti saya dan rakan-rakan rasa benci melihat bendera DAP lebih dari BN. Mohon kemaafan dan harap apabila berjumpa di Parlimen nanti kita akan bertegur. Jangan marah ini satu pendapat dan pandangan.

33. #33 by tkyong on Friday, 14 March 2008 - 2:38 am

uncle lim…mi again…nice to hear u did this right mention…this morning. i know your difficuly to accept PAS on this situation and worry lose our(chinese) support on next election. but pls think twice and collect popular opinion first before do any important announcement . pls…pls…pls dont do it again..u are chinese reprensentative on this 20 year. we hope that our reprensentative is a intelligence, accomplishment, embrace and make us automatically show our respect people.

lastly, i want to said

REN MING LI LIANG WAN SUI..WAN SUI.. WAN WAN SUI

34. #34 by tkyong on Friday, 14 March 2008 - 3:03 am

one more, as a good leader must accept people advice…i think your son is do better than u now…our chinese say huo dao lao xue dao lao…n…xue wu zhi jing, da zhe wei xian. pls try to learn from your son.

35. #35 by saye on Friday, 14 March 2008 - 10:48 am

u already prove us that u only want the POWER!

same as bn, pas, adil & YOU!.

36. #36 by TanWW on Friday, 14 March 2008 - 11:39 am

Hi LKS, DAP’s YBs & Pro-Chinese fellow,

U guy had receieved an unexpected mandate from the people of nation wide, this is the single chance of thousand years for u guy to form a coalition roling covernment.

My advice is, pls reduce drasticly DAP’s Chinamanship in order to get real @ genuine support and trust from the Malay comunity.

Do not ever fall into the rasist and religion trap that UMNO awaiting for, any single mistake or over react from u guy especially the Chinese Tauke in DAP will cause politic disaster.

Also, sadly to see that DAP isn’t show the quality as PKR during the state transformation like PKR in Penang and Selangor.

If, really PKR behavour like u guys (DAP), LGY may not so easy to be the CM of Penang in short time. Here we see the “OPEN MIND and HEART” of Anwar Ibrahim and other PKR even PAS leaders, but not DAP’s.

Be extra careful of your Chinamanship!
    Never ever let even a Malay supporter feel negrect to “VOTE FOR CHANGE”,
    Never ever let Malay thought that the Malay has loose their power, it should be “BN” lost,
    Never ever let the less (Chinese @ Indian) feel unsecure under DAP @ coalition ruling covernment.

8 State EXCOs for DAP (non of them was Malay) is too much! Pls think wisely….

Now isn’t the time for you guy to SHOW OFF!

I’m a Chinese and will be watching u guy tightly, if need I will not hesitate to go against DAP.

37. #37 by atlk on Friday, 14 March 2008 - 12:19 pm

let’s help uncle kit break the 1OOO comments barrier for this entry !!!

keep the comments growing !! hehe…

38. #38 by manature on Friday, 14 March 2008 - 4:41 pm

May I offer a suggestion to break impasse in Perak? Would it be a good idea for DAP in national interest and also in the interest of “Barisan Harapan Rakyat” to come to a compromise.

Update: I do multi-tasking and while waiting for this to open (long time) I do other stuff and I saw that a compromise had been reached so my suggestion is now no longer relevant.

May I humbly suggest someone from DAP, PKR or PAS have a look at Open letter to DAP, PKR and PAS. I know you guys know more about politics and governing a country, but still…..

Reluctant “protest” blogger
    Blog for Positive Changes for Malaysia and the world
    Digital Candlelight Vigil

39. #39 by Loh on Saturday, 15 March 2008 - 12:29 am

LKS threat for not attending the swearing in ceremony might appear to some as showing disrespect to the royalty of Perak for which LKS has already apologised to the Sultan and the regent of Peak. LKS clarified that it was not his intension to show disrespect, and he certainly could not stop people having that perception and hence he apologised for creating such perception. We should have no doubt that the Sultan and the Regent of Perak would not hold that against LKS.

There were suggestions that LKS should have kept this an internal affair within DAP and accept the fait accompli after the Sultan had agreed to the appointment of the MB, and that to the outside world, all is well. The method of sweeping things under the carpet has its merit, especially when the Barisan Rakyat is breaking into a new venture, and it needed to have a smooth start.

After the DAP decided to attend the ceremony, PKR considered it necessary to review the arrangements. That again gave BN a chance to clam that the opposition would not be able to work together.

Now that the three parties have come together with a new formula, it would mean that the agreement will better meet the interest of all parties; so the dust kicked up by LKS might have been worth the trouble. But the episode shows that coalition government is more difficult to be established, and that they show that responsibility-sharing is truly happening.

40. #40 by azzuri on Sunday, 16 March 2008 - 2:12 am

to malaysiabaru2008, i do support and agree with your comment on march 13th.the statement by LKS shouldn’t happen again.we don’t want the tragedy of may 13th overwhelming our country again.i’m willing to do and sacrifice anything as our SULTAN the first priority!!!

41. #41 by confucious on Sunday, 16 March 2008 - 11:31 am

what Uncle LKS provoke to ADUN DAP to ‘pulau’ the ceremony are a good idea to me. Although it can make a little bit ‘huhahuha’ everywhere but that decision is actually opening the people’s mind.

the DAP supporters, are ready to know even closer to what happening in the istana and how much power that the SULTAN has. Let dont use the word ‘power’ instead we can use ‘the rights to make a decision for good purpose of nation’. done.

And, most important, soon, when BARISAN RAKYAT won 2/3 of the next election, this PERAK MB story are strongly remembered by all the rakyat. And, we can move this nation truly with our heart and avoiding the bad politician that can carries ‘corruption’ , ‘chronisme’ , ‘nepotisme’ , ‘economic unstabilization’. Please, BARISAN RAKYAT, Work together…

42. #42 by edwin on Friday, 25 April 2008 - 2:34 am

yb,selayang area punya bandaraya hari ni i punya kereta park tepi jalan kena tarik ,asal lagi mau bayar tiga ratus,i parking tak sampai satu jam sudah kena tarik,tepi jalan pun takda sigborad tulis zon tarik.i parking tepi jalan ,saman tulis parking atas batu jalan .kereta banyak parking tak cukup ini bukan salah kita.lagi pun pergi bayar serupa hutang dia orang satu juta.bandaraya punya staff semua duduk kat office gurau saja,kita bayar incometax lagi mau tenggok muka dia orang.jalan rosak pun tak pergi repair,tulis saman dan tarik kereta pandai lah.lepas tarik dan tulis saman minum teh tunggu balik,sebenaya staff mesti nak pergi ronda mana jalan nak repair kan.semua tunggu gaji buta.pengawai punya kerja time baru lima jam.lagi pun bandarya office ada orang kata boleh settel $250,rasuah kuat,bpr ada pun serupa takda.TQ

1 18 19 20

You must be logged in to post a comment.