Malaysians are shocked, disgusted and outraged by the cruel, inhuman and barbaric killing of Malaysian policemen by Sulu gunmen in Semporna as revealed by the Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi in Ipoh yesterday – sadistic acts like the mutilation of bodies with the ripping of eyes, decapitating heads and cutting up bodies.
Most shocking of all was Zahid’s revelation that some of the fallen heroes in Semporna had their fingers cut off when still alive.
These are completely unacceptable conduct even in war-time and must be condemned in the strongest possible terms by all Malaysians as well as the international community although Zahid said it was possible that the killers were under the influence of drugs or were using black magic as a reason for their brutality.
The eight policemen killed in the shoot-outs with Sulu gunmen in Lahad Datu and Semporna are national heroes who had given their lives in the defence of national sovereignty and security of the people of Sabah, and they deserve to be remembered as national heroes with the nation bearing full responsibility for the welfare of their surviving family and children, including life-long education to university level for all the children of the fallen heroes.
Zahid’s shocking revelations of the cruel, bestial and uncivilized killing of the policemen in Semporna by Sulu gunmen reinforces the urgency and need to call a special meeting of Parliament which should pass an unanimous resolution by all MPs, regardless of political party, race or religion at least on five subjects, viz:
• Give full support to the Federal Government to take all necessary measures to protect the national sovereignty and the security of the people of Sabah and security forces stationed in the state;
• Pay tribute to the eight fallen heroes from the police forces in the shoot-outs with Sulu gunmen in Lahad Datu and Semporna;
• Set up a special foundation to look after the welfare of their surviving family and children, including life-long education to university level for the children of the fallen heroes;
• Condemn in the strongest possible terms the cruel, inhuman, uncivilized and barbaric killing of the fallen heroes in Semporna by Sulu gunmen and to invoke national and international censure of such bestial conduct to bring to justice the inhuman killers; and
• Call on Philippines Government to demonstrate ASEAN spirit and solidarity by officially dropping all claims to Sabah.