Archive for January 10th, 2013
91-Day Countdown to 13GE –BN leaders are suddenly describing Malaysia virtually as “heaven on earth” because UMNO/BN leaders conscious they can lose Putrajaya in 13GE, likely to be held by end of March
Suddenly, UMNO/Barisan Nasional leaders are describing Malaysia virtually as “heaven on earth” despite the glaring failures of 1Malaysia Policy and various Transformation Programmes, because UMNO/BN leaders are very conscious that they can lose Putrajaya in the 13th General Elections which is very likely to be held by end of March.
Conveniently ignored are:
• the worst racial and religious polarisation in the nation’s history;
• the most irresponsible politics of hatred, conflict, lies and falsehoods perpetrated by the ruling coalition and its mainstream media (MSM) since Merdeka in 1957;
• the Transparency International Corruption Perception Indices which showed that corruption under the four-year Najib premiership was worse than under all the previous Prime Ministers;
• the latest Global Finance Integrity report which showed that on a per capita basis Malaysia is No. 1 in the world on illicit and corruption money outflow (whether in terms of black money siphoned out of the country for 2010 which is RM196.8 billion or for the past decade 2000 – 2010 which is RM871 billion); or
• the TIMSS (Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study) 2011 on the two critical subjects of mathematics and science which showed that Malaysia is providing an inferior education system whether compared to other countries or with our own past.
Even Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who distanced himself from Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s 1Malaysia policy declaring that he is “Malay first, Malaysian second”, is in the forefront singing praises for Malaysia – claiming that Malaysia has now become the “darling of investors” because of the various Transformation Programmes. Read the rest of this entry »
Toffee Rozario | January 10, 2013
Free Malaysia Today
For the Barisan Nasional government to fall, the majority of the Malays must vote the opposition and that is the definitive trend today.
The signs are there, it is just too many. The next general election is going to deal a huge blow to the Barisan Nasional government and it will be a blow that will take BN at least 20 years to recover.
The recent revelations, coming in spurts, are a typical Umno strategy, which Dr Mahathir Mohamad used so often and that explains the succession he has passed on.
Although I am convinced that former Inspector-General of Police Musa Hasan and carpet trader Deepak Jaikishan are telling us the truth, I doubt their sincerity.
I believe they are doing this because they were short-changed. They are revealing the truth in instalments in the hope that the big pay day will come.
That’s when they will decide whether to keep quiet or spill more. But when and if that big “pay day” comes, then I believe they will wait for yet another bigger pay day; after all, isn’t the current “strategy” just pay, pay and pay?
I doubt Deepak’s claims that he will tell all. He is waiting for the big payouts and he wants it as soon as possible.
He knows as much as Najib Tun Razak, Rosmah Mansor and Mahathir that the end is near and that the BN government is going to be dumped.
In fact, they all know that and are trying their level best to intimidate the people. But this time it will not work. Read the rest of this entry »
by P. Ramakrishnan
9 January 2013
When God is politicised we are in big trouble. That is what is happening in Malaysia. And that’s why we are in such a big mess.
Religious zealots have come out with edicts that defy logic and override the supreme law of the land, the Federal Constitution.
They have paid scant attention to the High Court ruling way back in 2009 that the word “Allah” can be used by the Christians.
The government has appealed against this decision. But nothing has happened for more than three years. Seemingly it is meant to be so! There is no urgency to solve this matter as soon as possible. Most people think that the delay is deliberate and politically motivated.
The claim by some members of certain organisations who had aggressively demonstrated on the premise that Muslims and Christians will be confused if “Allah” is used by non-Muslims is ridiculous and laughable. There is no merit in their claim. There is no justification for this view. What is the basis for this ridiculous claim?
Why is the word “Allah” confusing? And confusing to whom? What is so confusing about the word? It had been in use for thousands of years; yet we have not come across anyone in any part of the world who was ever confused because the word “Allah” was commonly used by Muslims and non-Muslims. Read the rest of this entry »